I wrote a blog post sort-of-recently saying how I had a full 137 days of Summer. I know, I’m very lucky!
A little bit of time has passed, and I now have 90 full days of Summer left. Here are some of the delightful ways I have spent my Summer so far…:
- Pampering myself! One of the first things I did with my time off was give myself a manicure. When you have spent so much of your time dedicated to a course or something as time consuming as one, you rarely have time to just treat yourself, make you feel good about yourself. Toward the end of my course, it got to the point where I would feel far too guilty to do my nails – I’d just feel like I should be studying instead!
- Using my Lush products. Another thing I just didn’t have enough time to do often whilst on my course was to use my Lush products. I have been using them much more during my Summer, and on one day I even went through a very extensive bath routine – consisting of every Lush product type that I own! It was
Again, pampering yourself is something that is easily to neglect when you’re so busy! It is important to treat yourself though – sometimes some relaxation and a boost in confidence is just what you need to be able to be more productive in your work anyway!
- Post Lush reviews onto my blog! Throughout April, I hardly posted at all because I was just far too busy studying. I still used Lush products every now and then, so not posting on my blog meant the amount of reviews I needed to write really started to pile up! I do currently have a couple of reviews to write, but knowing I’m allowed to provide myself the time to write those reviews is so lovely!
- Catch up on doing the laundry! I live with my partner, and all the laundry is my responsibility. You wouldn’t think that two people’s washing would pile up quickly, but it really does. With being so busy, I really neglected to keep up with the washing, so I spent a good couple of days loading, unloading, hanging up and putting away mine and my partner’s laundry! It’s so nice to look into our wardrobe and drawers to find tons of outfit options!
- Present shopping! I love treating my partner, and it was his Birthday on May 20th! Normally I’d just find something quick to get him, because around then I’d usually have exams. Having this time off meant I could really go the extra mile and spend a good amount of time to really pick out some thoughtful gifts and to plan a really nice day for him! It’s sad how a course or work can really take away from your personal life, and it was really nice to be able to invest the time into my partner’s Birthday that he deserved.
- Writing in my blog in general! I haven’t posted that much this month, but having the freedom to whenever I’d like to is really lovely!
- Taking LOTS of baths! Nothing makes me feel more clean and refreshed than taking a good old bath. Whilst on my course, I could only really find the time to take showers! It’s nice to be able to pick out a bath bomb and enjoy a good soak whenever I’d like to feel super refreshed!
- Shopping! I haven’t been shopping for clothes or anything like that – more like useful household items. Me and my partner moved into our first flat just last October, which was after the start of my course. Neither of us really found the time to invest into putting the finishing touches to our home. During my Summer so far, I’ve bought loads of little bits and bobs for our home – some plants, lighting for our garden, planters, kitchen items, paint, decorating tools etc.
- Spending an entire day, undisturbed, to celebrate my partner’s Birthday! We didn’t end up actually going out for his Birthday in the end as he just wanted to stay in, but it was nice to not feel the pressure to study at all!
- A massive Summer clean-out! We brought a LOT of junk to our flat, and haven’t really had the time to go through it at all. We still have a lot of junk left, but I did manage to fill up 4 – yes, FOUR bin liners FULL of clothes that I no longer wear or want or that no longer fit, and am currently in the process of selling them! We also still hadn’t fully unpacked, and had a lot of containers lying around. I found places to put them all and gave all our floors a really thorough clean.
I now have a list for what is allowed on the floors of each of our rooms to keep the floor clear! I also bought a new vacuum cleaner and tons of cleaning products, so that we can easily keep our flat nice and fresh. I even got rid of all the leaves we had piled up in our garden from last Autumn!
This clean out took quite a while, especially our bedroom as that room had sort of become our dumping ground for any junk that we couldn’t find a place for. It’s nice that it is done now though! So much more space!
We also now have a little white board in our kitchen, where we keep a tally of how many items we bring in and take out of the home. The aim is to bring in as little as possible, and to take out as much as possible! It’s to help motivate us to let go of some of our old things, so that we can live a more simple and clutter-free life.
- Giving myself facials. I know I’ve already mentioned Lush products a lot, but this is specifically for Lush’s facial products. When I neglect my fact, it quickly becomes pretty nasty. I was still washing and moisurising it everyday while on my course, but that was pretty much all I had time to do! I’ve been able to use face masks, facial scrubs, my serum bar, spot treatments, lip scrubs, toners – the WORKS! It really helps to boost my confidence when I feel like my skin is looking its best!
- Finances. Boring, I know. Me and my partner have a system where we pay for anything that we both use, by ratio of our incomes. So any rent, bills, groceries and household items we will pay using this ratio.
We’re really not very organised with this! We usually just sort of pay eachother what we owe around once a month or so by looking through our bank statements and working it all out.
Well, toward the end of my course, we just sort of neglected to do this at all. We probably left it for around 3 months! Working out how much you owe someone used THREE MONTHS worth of bank statements really takes a while – but it was something we needed to do!
I feel so much better now that we’ve sorted this out. It is nice to know how much money I ACTUALLY have!
That’s about it! It probably all sounds really, really boring – but trust me, you’d be surprised with the things that you really want to have enough time to be able to do, after spending so much time not really being able to do anything besides following a course schedule!
And yes, most of these things are small, and really didn’t need to take up a full 47 days. I’ve been relaxing and sleeping a lot to regain some energy! The clear-out and deep cleaning really did take a long time though.
I’ve just been on focusing on achieving one thing that I choose to do at a time. The thing I’m focusing on right now is booking flights! I intend to visit my family up in Scotland soon, would like to go travel to Spain for a couple of weeks and possibly have a couple more flights to book on top of that!
With my 90 days left, I hope to spend some time on how I look. I’d like to revamp my wardrobe so that I have a more up-to-date look, take the leap and get my first tattoo, maybe get a few piercings and to experiment around with makeup and with my hair!
I’d also like to become healthier. I’m working on my weight loss, and wouldn’t mind beginning to jog routinely too – and to maintain a daily skin care routine!
I’d love to get a job! An actual reliable, paying job.
I’d also love to volunteer and to gain some new skills – I’ve been thinking about volunteering at our local cat shelter or something! I’d also really like to start learning Spanish, programming and I’d like to invest more time in reading educational books, online courses and educational videos!
I’d like to pick up some hobbies – maybe buy a camera and start taking photos and videos. Maybe even start an Instagram account! I’d also really like to begin learning an instrument 🙂
Oh, and I’d like to adopt a kitty.
And to go on lots of adventures with Richard.
Yep, I’m a dreamer – I know the chances of me achieving all of that in 90 days is low, considering what I’ve achieved in 47 days! It is possible though, and I’d be damned if I don’t try!