Lise from Spectralised was nominated for this award and wrote that she’s happy for anyone to answer her questions and to do one of these blog posts using her questions, so here I am! I just really need to relax and do something non-exam related and stress-free for once, and writing blog posts is a great way for me to do that personally. This award is the perfect way for me to ease myself back into blogging so thank you Lise 🙂 ❤
Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and the link to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Questions from Lise
- Do you have a saying that you don’t necessarily intend to use but still do
I guess I say “um” a lot and don’t mean to? It’s not really a saying but it’s the closest thing I can think of… Oh, and I say “It’s like” before explaining something to someone too. And “You know what I mean though” while explaining something to someone…
- What would be your ideal living situation?
I love my current living situation, so something pretty similar to what I have now! Basically living with my partner. I wish we lived in our own mortgaged home though rather than a rented flat, and I wish we lived somewhere warmer or somewhere closer to my family. Other than that it’s pretty perfect!
- If you could have any non traditional pet, what would it be?
I would have… A little baby snake… Or a ferret if that’s counted as being non-traditional… Or an ocelot. Oh, one of them Savannah cats. Or a lizard. Or a serval, or a pig. I’ve genuinely always wanted a pet pig. Honestly I love all animals to bits and I’d be happy to take care of almost any animal if I could!
- What would be your dream job? Do you already have it?
I haven’t had a job for over 5 years! Terrible I know, I know. I’ve been a student since then. That’s no excuse to not work but full-time education does take a lot of work! So I definitely do not already have my dream job. My dream job would be to get paid to do something to do with travel, animals, nature, warm countries and statistics. So like an ecology statistician or something? It wouldn’t even feel like a job – it would be amazing! I don’t know how likely it would ever be though considering I’m getting a degree in Astrophysics and not in Ecology haha! Hopefully I’ll find a way 🙂
- What does blogging mean to you?
Blogging is my outlet. It’s my way to de-stress, to vent… To be free really! I feel entirely free with my blog to literally express myself however I want, which is amazing. I find blogging insanely therapeutic and that’s actually the reason I started my blog – I started it up when I was in a pretty dark time in my life and just felt like creating a blog was the best way I could help myself to feel a bit better. It’s also a nice way to have some public permanence if that makes sense? Like a way for me to “define” myself in a “certain” way? Basically blogging makes me happy!
- Do you have any weird holiday traditions?
Mmm… I always bring pretty much only Lush products with me on holiday, and will usually do a little Lush shop before going on holiday to make sure I have a solid shampoo and some sort of solid body wash and toothpaste etc. We also always search on Happycow to find all the local vegan restaurants, and try to visit the ones that sound the most amazing while in that country. We only really book holidays in affordable European countries… And we always seem to pack in a panic the same morning of our flight! Can’t think of anything specific though. Oh and on the flight, if we have the two outer seats I’ll always sit in the aisle, and if we have the two inner seats I’ll always sit by the window.
- Is there a fictional character you would have loved to meet in real life? Which one?
Not that I can think of? Oh, any Star Trek character for sure.
- What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
The best purchase is… Paying rent for this flat if that counts? If not then… God there are way too many good purchases!!! Um I’m going to go with Coalface from Lush – not because of how good the product is (although it is decent,) but because of what that purchase lead to. It was the first thing I bought from Lush and opened me up to the happy world of Lush! Worst purchase… Uhh… Once I bought a “vegetarian” samosa that actually ended up being lamb flavour or something and I only knew once I had bitten into it. That was a pretty bad purchase. I’m really frugal so I’ve never wasted a bunch of money on something to only regret it honestly.
- Whats the worst screw up you’ve ever had in the kitchen?
I don’t really cook but I could tell you some kitchen horrors that Richard has conjured up! Oh, I used to toast poppadoms in the toaster and they would always end up as charcoal and setting on fire.
- Do you have any “useless” talents? What are they?
I have really clicky fingers. Like I can click them all at once like most people do, but then I can go and click them all individually aswell. It’s not really a talent, just gross really isn’t it. I’m very talented at stressing out. And I can whistle. Can’t really think of any other useless talents!
- Has anyone ever tricked you into believing something and then you discovered it wasn’t true? What was it?
I’m really gullible so people do this all the time, but they always tell me straight afterwards so I never had to discover the thing wasn’t true. Like people have made me believe that there are exams on a day when there aren’t etc. Only little things though.
- What would be your favourite place to visit abroad during the Summer?
- What is something exciting that you hope to happen this Summer?
- What are some activities that you have planned for this Summer?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What are some of your go-to outfits for the Summertime?
- What is the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- What is your favourite thing about the Summer?
- If you had to move to a different country, where would you choose to move to and why?
- What are your favourite things to eat and drink during the Summer?
- What are some of your favourite Summertime fragrances?
- What are some purchases you hope to / need to make before or during this Summer?
I tried my best to make my questions kinda “sunny” and relevant to the title ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’! I hope some of you enjoy answering them. To anyone who wants to answer my questions and who wants to be nominated – consider yourself nominated! Thanks again Lise, I’ve have fun writing this blog post 🙂
– Storm x