Just a super quick morning update on how day 1 of focussing on working on me went!
The progress I made may seem really small, but to me the things I did were HUGE so please respect that what’s easy, unimportant and insignificant to some may be difficult, super important and very significant to others.
- I took my weight in the morning. This was my first step yesterday in getting back into a healthy routine and in being disciplined, which is super important to the health of type 4’s on the Enneagram. It was also the first step in focussing again on my health and wellbeing.
- Washing my hands with a beautiful Lush soap (Golden Pear) instead of a cheap hand soap. I have a strange difficulty with using Lush products because of my mental health, so ALLOWING myself to use such a beautiful Lush product for an action we do maybe 10 times a day means a lot in terms of my personal growth and in starting to love myself more.
- I drank a bottle of water before breakfast. Again, practising routine, discipline, self-care and focussing on my health.
- I had a hot, cooked, proper, fairly balanced, low calorie breakfast. My breakfast was 2 pieces of vegan bacon rashers, cooked with just a hot frying pan and dripping in a few drops of water every now and then, and a third of a tin of baked beans. This step was pretty huge for me as I’ve become somewhat un-functional due to my mental health recently, so to again shift my focus and attention toward self-care, my health and my happiness was huge.
- I made myself a tasty, calorie controlled coffee. Again, shifting my focus toward self-care.
- I made myself a lovely, hot, big bath using Lush’s Puddy Holly Bubbleroon. I got this bath product as a gift on Christmas day from my fiance, and simply haven’t allowed myself to dedicate the energy, time or enjoyment toward taking a bath using this product since then. Another action toward developing my self-love and self-care.
- I took the bath and did loads of little pampering things while I did! I washed my hair with the Godiva shampoo bar from Lush, conditioned my hair with TRESemme’s Remoisturising Conditioner, detangled my hair with my fingers and put my hair up in a shower cap with the conditioner still in, exfoliated my face using the Bath Essentials Exfoliating Gloves from Tesco and added a bit of Prince Charming Shower Cream onto the gloves so I could clean my face at the same time, I exfoliated my body with Lush’s The Rough With The Smooth Shower Scrub, shaved, brushed my teeth, washed my body with the Prince Charming Shower Cream from Lush using a shower pouf, moisturised my body with Lush’s Christingle Body Conditioner and rinsed everything off. Phew! For me, all of that was a MASSIVE ACHIEVEMENT. I felt so, so clean and fresh and amazing afterwards. This was a massive step toward developing my self-love and self-care, and in feeling more confident about myself. It definitely instantly raised my self esteem.
- I drank another bottle of water! Yay for paying attention to your health, having discipline and following routine 🙂
- I had a nice, hot, sort-of balanced, calorie limited lunch. I made myself some sort of tasty vegan burger from Sainsbury’s (the Sweet Potato, Quinoa & Lentil Burger) with a couple of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil on the side. SO tasty. Another step toward self-care and paying attention to my health.
- I used some nail clippers to clip down all of my nails. My nails have been needing clipping for a really long time so this one was super satisfying. I hate having long nails because they always tear and I just find them really dirty and uncomfortable and gross. I like them JUST below the finger itself.
- I made myself another tasty, calorie limited coffee.
- I cleaned off all the old nail polish and any residue using some nail polish remover.
- I PAINTED MY NAILS! This step has made me so happy you guys have no idea. I took my time and painted them really, really nicely and I absolutely love them so, so much. I used the OPI ‘It’s A Piazza Cake’ nail lacquer. It’s basically an orange, reddy, dark, Autumnal, warm colour. I think it might be my favourite colour in the world. It is cosy, vibrant, beautiful, sexy, interesting, and I think it’s a colour that I associate with all seasons (the pumpkins, spices , lights and leaves of Autumn, the spices, food and gingerbread of Winter, the life and flowers of spring and the sunsets, tropical fruits, holidays and warmth of Summer). It’s a beautiful colour. This was a really forward moving step in my self-development.
- I drank ANOTHER bottle of water! These bottles are 600ml BTW, so this meant a total of 1.8 litres for yesterday. I know, not the MOST ideal, but I really stayed disciplined, focussed on my health and stuck to routine much better than I previously would have.
That’s all guys! I will be trying to work on myself today also, and will keep track of the steps I take toward me being the best version of myself and hopefully will update you all again tomorrow. I definitely feel that honestly, in just one day, I blossomed as a four so much 🙂