Hey guyyys! 😀
I hope you’re all having a great weekend! I was technically tagged by Lise over at Lushtivity, although not directly as she tagged anybody who wanted to give this questionnaire a go. She’s awesome. Go check her out.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
When I was probably around 6 years old, my mother took me and my two older siblings to a beauty shop and let us all pick one nail polish each – orange and yellow were my favourite colours so I of course chose the sparkly orange nail polish.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
My perfect mascara would make my eyelashes look super natural – like my own eyelashes only slightly more enhanced and beautiful. I love a natural look! I’d also want the mascara to be ethical and made from natural ingredients – similar to Lush’s ‘Eyes Right’ mascara (the one that comes in the long tube from Oxford Street.) It would be super easy to apply and wouldn’t get all over my eyelids. As I said, Lush’s ‘Eyes Right’ mascara is the best one I have tried so far, but it is going to take some practice to learn how to apply it without getting product all over my face!
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I like a natural medium kinda coverage from my foundation. One where after I use it my skin still looks like my own, but just with less flaws. Again, I prefer makeup that just naturally and beautifully enhances what I already have!
4. Favourite high end brand?
The most expensive makeup I’ve tried is from Lush, so I guess Lush?
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Honestly, none. I’m only interested in Lush products now haha!
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I actually really enjoy just using MUA products for when I want some more affordable makeup. I bought a MUA eyeshadow palette recently and have been using one of the powders on my eyebrows every single day since. It works amazingly and was super affordable!
7. Do you wear false lashes?
Nope, never have. I’d like to try them just to see what they look like – just for fun. I’d never be into wearing them frequently though. Don’t like the idea of sticking random bits of plastic to my body too much.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I can leave the house without any makeup, so long as I’m not going to be seeing many people at all on that day. I can’t leave to go and have a normal day at Uni without foundation, setting powder and eyebrow powder. I’d also be fairly miserable if I don’t have my lip tint on too. The rest, meh. I usually just do my foundation before I leave and pack the rest of those items in my Uni bag – I do most of my makeup whilst commuting on the train!
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Probably my ‘Light Yellow Colour Supplement’ from Lush at the moment. It’s basically a foundation. Really not sure what I would do without it!
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I never really shop for makeup apart from when I have run out of something that I use daily. If I do need to stock up on makeup though, I do prefer to make any purchases I need to make in one go.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I don’t have a beauty budget but I am extremely frugal. So technically I spend my money on beauty products freely as I don’t really keep a close track of it, but it’s still rare that I’ll buy any beauty products for myself.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
No. I just get what I need when I need it!
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I get through toothpaste quite quickly… And also shampoo. I strangely have loads of shower gels though, even though I get through them super slowly. I’m going to go with shampoo.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Um, not really. Any brands that test on animals or are absurdly overpriced. I’ve also always had a negative perspective on super popular, hyped up brands like Mac.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
I’m a vegan so I do make sure any beauty products I use are also vegan. I also like natural products – the more natural the ingredients the better! I’m honestly not that fussy at the minute though – again, I tend to stick to trying out Lush products and for the most part they seem to do more good than harm thus far!
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Again, Lush… If I can’t afford Lush at the time though, I’ll go take a look in Superdrug!
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I love trying new skin care products. Once I’ve found something that I really love though, I’ll not stray from using it (like my ‘Veganese Conditioner’ and my ‘Eau Roma Water Toner’ from Lush.)
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
I’m so tediously predictable. LUSH!
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Lush… Only because they use recycled plastic to make their pots and have a really good recycling scheme. I also think their packaging looks quite funky.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I have no idea. I’m not really a fan of celebrities. I’ll say Rihanna just because she mostly seems to go for a fairly natural look that really enhances her natural beauty, which is what I like my makeup to look like.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. 5 Favourite beauty gurus:
Meh, none. I nominate myself to be a beauty guru. There, now I can vote for myself!
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
If that’s their primary purpose and they have been made specifically to be one just as much as the other, then sure. That sounds pretty neat. But, I tend to find that products advertised as being multi-functional usually have one primary function, and then a secondary, not-so-good function. So I guess I like them if they are ACTUALLY multi-functional!
25. Are you clumsy at putting on makeup?
Yes. I’m terrible at putting on liquid eyeliner – although I’d absolutely love to get good at it. I’m also pretty bad at applying mascara around 75% of the time – there is the odd time that it comes out pretty darn good. I always accidentally smudge my lip tint over my lip line too, and it takes a while to perfect the outline. So, long story short, yes.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use just a regular facial primer all over my face – including around my eyes.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
On a typical day I use shampoo and conditioner. That’s it. I used to use a hair moisturiser daily too but I used it all up 😦
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I just use a foundation!
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Probably not. I really enjoy learning my own way around applying makeup, and how to apply it in such a way that works best with my unique skin, facial features, tones etc.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that it gives a person confidence in how they look, where they might feel completely unconfident otherwise. I love that it provides every single person in the world the opportunity to look the most conventionally beautiful that they possibly can. I love that makeup enhances an individual’s unique natural beauty, and really makes a person shine from the inside out. I love that it gives everybody the opportunity to look “on fleek” and like all of them beautiful models and celebrities they see. It gives us power to change our physical appearance and how we are perceived by others pretty damn easily. It’s pretty magical stuff.
Whoever wants to do this questionnaire!