Hey guys! I’ve been really into Harry Potter recently, so I came up with this post. I hope you enjoy!
- Us Hufflepuffs appreciate the smaller, more ignored things in life. We take time to enjoy the view, we notice the beauty in the little wild flowers that we walk by on a daily basis, we stop to move (and hence, save from being trodden on) innocent slugs that we see in the middle of the pavement… Sure, maybe we don’t always put the apparently “important” things in the world first, but I think we have an inner wisdom that tells us what is TRULY important 🙂
- We are a very mysterious and underestimated house! The dark horses in the running. No-one is really fully sure of what our motives or skills are, because we conceal them so well 😉 We also hate to boast and to be in the spotlight! It isn’t that we don’t HAVE any motives and skills other than, well, being kind. It’s just that kindness is at the forefront of our minds the majority of the time. It could be said that I myself am ambitious, will stand up for what is right and I would like to think that I’m pretty wise! We can truly surprise you (and even ourselves) with our talents when we feel it appropriate to do so!
- We have an aptitude for the care of animals and plants – (magical creatures and herbology.) No other Hogwarts house is as good with caring for other forms of life as we are, and it is something we really pride ourselves on! Animals and plants keep us healthy and share this planet with us, and us Hufflepuffs believe that they are incredibly important and warrant out respect (both inside and outside of the classroom.)
- We really like to keep the peace, and will only be purposefully rude if we are very wound-up. Us Hufflepuffs like to think before we speak, and refuse to become involved in meaningless arguments! We prefer to be neutral, objective, observant spectators, and to analyse all the angles to each side of an argument. We like to find compromise where available. Hufflepuffs are, however, very just – meaning that we can be extremely opinionated on what is the right course of action, and will definitely stand up to anything we consider to be morally/ethically “wrong”. We are always careful to not upset others when it isn’t necessary to do so, and I think that makes us pretty epic 🙂
- Hufflepuffs are pretty damn loyal when it comes down to it. We are extremely kind, and always do our best to make those we care about, happy. All the Hogwarts houses have loyal traits, but none like Hufflepuff. We will not discriminate, and are loyal intuitively to those who have shown us trust, kindness and who have made us happy. Once we have committed ourselves to someone, we will do our best to remain loving, kind and true to them – even if they have heavily let us down in the past!
- We are very, very patient in comparison to the other Hogwarts houses, and will happily wait for our time to come to have glory. In general, we are in no particular rush to achieve big things in our lives, and believe that one cannot make anything happen any quicker than the time that it is ready to do so. That isn’t to say that we aren’t at all ambitious, because we are! We simply prefer to try and enjoy the journey, rather than fighting to get to the finishing line.
- Us Hufflepuffs are unapologetically honest and true. We do not purposely conceal any truths about our beliefs, and you can always be sure of exactly who you’re dealing with when it comes to us lot. We do not conform to norms, and will not be “kind” or “polite” just to uphold an outward appearance of being a nice person! We are still kind, but you can rest assured that we are being so without any ulterior motives.
- We love happiness, life and sunshine! No other house enjoys to simply be happy as much as us guys and girls do. Even our common room is almost perpetually sunny, warm and cosy, and is filled with all sorts of interesting plants. The view from our common room is of fresh green grass and beautifully bright dandelions. Our house colours of yellow and black represent fields of bright, yellow, sunny wheat growing in dark earth. Yellow itself is also such a bright and cheerful colour – often used to represent the mood happiness. There are no harsh lines in our common room – all the doors and windows are circular shaped – as is the shape of the common room itself! The Hufflepuff common room truly is a happy little den, where everyone can feel safe.
- We, by far, have the most cuddly emblematic animal! We are represented by the adorable badger, a very underestimated animal! Don’t let their adorable, cuddliness fool you – if you cross a badger, they’ll defend themselves and their loved ones with their life! I’m proud to be represented by the badger 😀
- We are very hard workers, and are also extremely determined. We like to challenge ourselves, so we will often pursuit things in life that we aren’t naturally very good at, and will continue working at those things until we are. For example, I believe I was one of two Hufflepuffs in my classes at college, and we definitely found studying classes such as Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, Physics and Statistics more difficult than our classmates. However, by the end of the year I was receiving results in my exams that exceeded those of the majority of my classmates – primarily in Statistics but also in Physics. Those results were purely due to a lot of studying, reading and hard work. Us Hufflepuffs can achieve anything that we set our mind to!
So, that’s it from me today! Thank you for reading – I know I wrote quite a lot, I’m very passionate about being a Hufflepuff recently…
I hope you enjoyed my 10 reasons why Hufflepuffs are epic!