Hey guys, I know I’ve been blogging a lot less lately, so I thought a life update would help catch everyone up on what’s been going on!
- My partner’s mother got married a couple of weeks ago! It was such a lovely wedding in a beautiful hotel in Richmond (south west London.)
- My holidays finally ended and University has begun for me! This is the main reason I have been blogging a lot less lately. Successfully studying a degree in Astrophysics when you’re not very good at maths or physics is pretty difficult, and takes up a lot of your time. So far it is going okay and I’m not TOO far behind in my modules, although I could definitely be doing better than I am. I’m positive that it will all be fine provided that I get all my assignments done on time etc.
- I turned 24 on the 17th October! I honestly don’t remember my birthday extremely well – me and my partner decided to just stay in and eat some Chinese takeaway, so it was all pretty relaxed. We weren’t both home from Uni / work until around 8pm, so the evening didn’t last too long. I did receive some lovely gifts though – including some amazing Bose 35-II noise cancelling headphones! Perfect for those days when you REALLY need to focus. I always seem to zone in on little irritating sounds going on around me when it’s least convenient, so these are perfect!
- I think I only mentioned it briefly in one of my blog posts, but me and my partner went to Mallorca for 12 nights back in late August / early September! It was absolutely amazing and is the longest we’ve been abroad together to this date. It begun to feel like a second home and honestly, I just want to go back!
- I’ve been a lot less enthusiastic about Lush lately. I’m still working on getting through a lot of products, and whenever I do get through one I will still be writing a review on it. It just doesn’t feel AS fun anymore and although I still absolutely love the company, working on using everything up is beginning to feel more like a chore to me now. I’ve accumulated so many products that the thought of finishing them all just feels overwhelming honestly. I also discovered that the majority of my bath products (bath bombs, bubble bars and bath oils) became damp while I’ve been storing them, so a lot of them are sort of disfigured and needing to be used up ASAP. It’s just all become quite stressful honestly!
- As some of you may know, I’ve been struggling a bit with mental health problems for a while now (probably for as long as I can remember actually,) and I finally plucked up the courage to stop dismissing my issues and to make a trip to my GP. I booked the appointment, Richard booked the day off of work and 2 weeks later, me and my partner were sitting in a chair facing my doctor. It was an incredibly uncomfortable experience, but I’m glad I went.
The outcome of the appointment is that my GP is now sorting out me getting on the waiting list to see a psychologist (to get a diagnosis,) and we have a form so that I can self-refer myself to talking therapy. I refused my GP’s offer to go on SSRIs – I can’t stand them! Instead, after doing some research online I came across Tryptophan (a natural amino acid your brain needs to synthesize serotonin,) which I’ve been taking 3g of daily since around a month ago. The tryptophan has definitely been working although it isn’t perfect, so I’d definitely like to look into more supplements to begin taking (vitamin D, vitamin B complex etc.) It also felt nice to just offload some of my feelings, even if the appointment was quite rushed!
- As most of you know, I went on my own little weight loss journey as of December last year, and finally completed it a couple of months ago. Maintaining the weight has been quite difficult actually, because I love food SO much! I’ve been doing alright though. In fact, how about I weigh myself right now to see how I’m doing?
Okay, so my goal weight was 127.8 lbs, and that is exactly how much I weigh right now! Honestly though, I haven’t even eaten or drunk anything yet so technically, I should weigh a lb or so below that weight right now in order for my average weight to be 127.8 lbs throughout the day, but I’m doing okay!
- I recently reached 100 followers on WordPress! I had intended to open up a second social media account (perhaps Instagram) once I reached 100 followers on here, so that could very well be happening soon!
That’s all for now everyone! I hope you’re all doing well 🙂
See you next blog post!