Lise from Spectralised was nominated for this award and wrote that she’s happy for anyone to answer her questions and to do one of these blog posts using her questions, so here I am! I just really need to relax and do something non-exam related and stress-free for once, and writing blog posts is a great way for me to do that personally. This award is the perfect way for me to ease myself back into blogging so thank you Lise 🙂 ❤
Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and the link to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Questions from Lise
- Do you have a saying that you don’t necessarily intend to use but still do
I guess I say “um” a lot and don’t mean to? It’s not really a saying but it’s the closest thing I can think of… Oh, and I say “It’s like” before explaining something to someone too. And “You know what I mean though” while explaining something to someone…
- What would be your ideal living situation?
I love my current living situation, so something pretty similar to what I have now! Basically living with my partner. I wish we lived in our own mortgaged home though rather than a rented flat, and I wish we lived somewhere warmer or somewhere closer to my family. Other than that it’s pretty perfect!
- If you could have any non traditional pet, what would it be?
I would have… A little baby snake… Or a ferret if that’s counted as being non-traditional… Or an ocelot. Oh, one of them Savannah cats. Or a lizard. Or a serval, or a pig. I’ve genuinely always wanted a pet pig. Honestly I love all animals to bits and I’d be happy to take care of almost any animal if I could!
- What would be your dream job? Do you already have it?
I haven’t had a job for over 5 years! Terrible I know, I know. I’ve been a student since then. That’s no excuse to not work but full-time education does take a lot of work! So I definitely do not already have my dream job. My dream job would be to get paid to do something to do with travel, animals, nature, warm countries and statistics. So like an ecology statistician or something? It wouldn’t even feel like a job – it would be amazing! I don’t know how likely it would ever be though considering I’m getting a degree in Astrophysics and not in Ecology haha! Hopefully I’ll find a way 🙂
- What does blogging mean to you?
Blogging is my outlet. It’s my way to de-stress, to vent… To be free really! I feel entirely free with my blog to literally express myself however I want, which is amazing. I find blogging insanely therapeutic and that’s actually the reason I started my blog – I started it up when I was in a pretty dark time in my life and just felt like creating a blog was the best way I could help myself to feel a bit better. It’s also a nice way to have some public permanence if that makes sense? Like a way for me to “define” myself in a “certain” way? Basically blogging makes me happy!
- Do you have any weird holiday traditions?
Mmm… I always bring pretty much only Lush products with me on holiday, and will usually do a little Lush shop before going on holiday to make sure I have a solid shampoo and some sort of solid body wash and toothpaste etc. We also always search on Happycow to find all the local vegan restaurants, and try to visit the ones that sound the most amazing while in that country. We only really book holidays in affordable European countries… And we always seem to pack in a panic the same morning of our flight! Can’t think of anything specific though. Oh and on the flight, if we have the two outer seats I’ll always sit in the aisle, and if we have the two inner seats I’ll always sit by the window.
- Is there a fictional character you would have loved to meet in real life? Which one?
Not that I can think of? Oh, any Star Trek character for sure.
- What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
The best purchase is… Paying rent for this flat if that counts? If not then… God there are way too many good purchases!!! Um I’m going to go with Coalface from Lush – not because of how good the product is (although it is decent,) but because of what that purchase lead to. It was the first thing I bought from Lush and opened me up to the happy world of Lush! Worst purchase… Uhh… Once I bought a “vegetarian” samosa that actually ended up being lamb flavour or something and I only knew once I had bitten into it. That was a pretty bad purchase. I’m really frugal so I’ve never wasted a bunch of money on something to only regret it honestly.
- Whats the worst screw up you’ve ever had in the kitchen?
I don’t really cook but I could tell you some kitchen horrors that Richard has conjured up! Oh, I used to toast poppadoms in the toaster and they would always end up as charcoal and setting on fire.
- Do you have any “useless” talents? What are they?
I have really clicky fingers. Like I can click them all at once like most people do, but then I can go and click them all individually aswell. It’s not really a talent, just gross really isn’t it. I’m very talented at stressing out. And I can whistle. Can’t really think of any other useless talents!
- Has anyone ever tricked you into believing something and then you discovered it wasn’t true? What was it?
I’m really gullible so people do this all the time, but they always tell me straight afterwards so I never had to discover the thing wasn’t true. Like people have made me believe that there are exams on a day when there aren’t etc. Only little things though.
- What would be your favourite place to visit abroad during the Summer?
- What is something exciting that you hope to happen this Summer?
- What are some activities that you have planned for this Summer?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What are some of your go-to outfits for the Summertime?
- What is the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- What is your favourite thing about the Summer?
- If you had to move to a different country, where would you choose to move to and why?
- What are your favourite things to eat and drink during the Summer?
- What are some of your favourite Summertime fragrances?
- What are some purchases you hope to / need to make before or during this Summer?
I tried my best to make my questions kinda “sunny” and relevant to the title ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’! I hope some of you enjoy answering them. To anyone who wants to answer my questions and who wants to be nominated – consider yourself nominated! Thanks again Lise, I’ve have fun writing this blog post 🙂
– Storm x
I’ve been nominated for this award by Lise at Lushtivity. Thank you lovely!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
Seven facts about me:
Hey guys! Lise at Lushtivity posted her Liebster award answers and questions in this post, and nominated anyone who read the post – so I’ve decided to give it a go! Thank you Lise for giving me a chance to do this!
- Display the award, and thank your nominator.
- Answer the nominators questions.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Lise’s Questions and My Answers!
- Is there anything you believed to be true that you found out wasn’t true at all?
Hmm, this is a really difficult question to answer! I can’t think of any situations like this honestly!
- If you had the opportunity to start a chain of businesses, what kind of business would it be?
I’m not a businessy sort of person really. I’d probably start up some sort of charity organization that focuses on spreading the word and raising awareness for animal welfare, the environment, the world, artistic expression… Like loads of little educational hippie hubs around the world – sanctuaries for people to be kind to the world and true to themselves! Maybe I could sell some unique clothing and jewellery within the organization to turn it into some sort of a business or something…
- What would be your personal theme song?
Oh wow, probably something without lyrics. Maybe Cello Suite No.1! It’s chill, then speeds up, has a lot going on… I feel like this song suits my mindset pretty well!
- If you could be the president of the United States for one term, would you do it? If not, why not?
Nope! Because I hate to be in control. I don’t want to be making decisions that would affect the lives of every citizen of the US, and of anyone entering the US! That would be far too stressful.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favourite childhood memory… The little things, really. I remember my mother would come up into mine and my sister’s room in the morning with a bag of clean socks. She’d pair them all up and put them into piles of who they belonged to. She’d then throw each of us a pair of socks onto our bunk beds, and then the rest of our school uniform, and sing a little song to wake us up in the morning. We were a very close family – me with my four siblings, our mother and our father. We are all also very close in age – my younger siblings are 2 years younger than myself, and my eldest is 3 years older than myself. 5 kids all within 5 years of eachother in age! We all live in different places now, and don’t see each other often at all, so it is the little childhood memories, things that used to be super normal in my everyday life, that I miss most now!
- Do you have a life hack you think no one else really uses?
I’m not sure! You know those head scarf things that people wrap around their heads and use as headbands? Like, knot wraps? Well, anything like knot wraps or elasticated headbands just wont stay on my tiny head, so I use bobby pins to secure them on! Then they stay in place all day 🙂 I only think no one else uses this hack because most people don’t have tiny head issues, but for those who do, give this a go! Also, when I am planning a shopping haul to a specific shop, I first find the shop on Google Maps. Google Maps now have a feature that shows how busy the shop is at different hours of the day – I always make sure to go when they are least busy to avoid crowds!
- What is on your bucket list this year?
To start my actual degree in Astrophysics, get my first tattoo, visit all of my siblings and parents at least once, to reach my weight goal, for me and my partner to get our first pet, to engage more in creative, artistic things, to begin learning a language… There’s loads!
- What is your idea of the perfect vacation?
Somewhere away from the city, where there aren’t many people. Somewhere very rural and by the sea, somewhere warm and where there is a lot of biodiversity in terms of animals and plants. There has to be a Lush store there though! I’m going to Mallorca this Summer, and honestly, for the moment, that is my idea of the perfect vacation! I’d also love to go somewhere super jungly though – somewhere in South East Asia!
- What was the worst phase in life for you?
Umm… I’ve had some pretty bad phases to be honest! I’m just going to go ahead and say my time I spent on my Foundation Year at the University of Sussex. It’s probably the worst experience I’ve ever had in my life for a lot of different reasons! That was pretty much from September 2014 until around May 2015! Everything is SO MUCH BETTER NOW and I appreciate that more than anything!
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
I don’t 100% believe in it, but I do believe there are some mysteries in the world that we just can’t fully comprehend quite yet. I definitely think that some sort of spiritual energy is released when someone dies, because a person is more than just their physical, tangible self. I think that maybe that energy goes to different places for different individuals when they die – for some maybe it goes into a baby animal or human, for others maybe it just sort of lingers. I don’t really know!
- Would you say you portray yourself differently online than in real life?
I don’t think that I do at all! I’m an extremely honest person, and always say exactly what I mean. For example, if my partner were to read my blog posts and he wasn’t told who they were by, I can guarantee he’d know that it was me who wrote these posts! Always unapologetic-ally myself!
My Questions For You!
- What products do you try to use on your face on a daily basis – both makeup products and skincare?
- What are 3 things that you are extremely grateful for in your life right now, and why?
- What are your plans for the rest of the Summer season/ whatever season you are experiencing at the moment?
- What are 3 of your favourite stores and why are these your favourite stores?
- What is one big thing that you really feel the NEED to achieve in your life?
- What are 5 things that you LOVE about yourself and why do you love these things about yourself?
- What is something that you have done recently and are proud of?
- Which 3 places would you like to travel to most in the world – why do you want to travel to these places?
- What is something that you are excited for this year?
- If you could learn a new language, which would you choose to learn?
- If you could instantly gain amazing skill and ability in one artistic activity, what would you choose that activity to be?
I’ve never done this tag, or received this award before, so I don’t know whether my questions are a bit rubbish or not!
1. Karalee at Tales of Belle
2. Sarah Lilly at The Lilly Mint Blog
3. Lauren and Rachel at The Flower That Blooms
4. Chrissey at THE UNABRIDGED SASS
5. Lulu at Lush Upon A Time
6. Bonnie at Queen Of The Girl Geeks
7. Emily Clare at Emily Clare Beauty
8. Rachel at sittingintheclouds
9. Zoe at WRITING WHIMSY
10. Nathi at Inexorable Spark
11. Sami May at Journey To Green Living