Tagged by Lise at Lushtivity!
The rules for this tag
List five things that makes you happy
Share five songs that makes you happy
Tag at least five bloggers that makes you happy
What makes me happy:
- RICHARD! Richard is my amazing partner and he makes me more happy than anything else in the world! Especially when he’s happy and smiling 🙂 Nobody knows me as well as he does, and he accepts me for all my negative traits whilst loving me for all my positive ones. He’s genuinely made me a far more kind and better person than I’ve probably ever been before in my life. He’s my ray of sunshine 🙂
- My family. All my family members are healthy enough and are alive, and are such lovely people! Sure, we have our little arguments sometimes like anyone does, but we are generally such a close family that those things don’t really matter much to us. My family always have been and always will be there for me, and I for them. They’re the most accepting people I’ve ever met, and I always feel super comfortable when I’m around them! You guys are awesome 🙂
- Nature! Lise also listed this as one of the things that makes her most happy, and it’s definitely in my top 5 list too! Animals and nature overall is just… So true to itself, if that makes sense. If an animal ever did hurt another animal, it is usually because of it being their instinct to do so. I don’t know – I feel like humans can be sinister and cruel when they’re easily able not to be, however I think when an animal seems to act “cruel”, it is purely in their nature – if that makes any sense (like when a cat sees a mouse and tries to kill it, it is practicing hunting techniques and would find it extremely hard to avoid doing so!) I don’t think an animal would ever hurt another purely for the sake of doing it / out of pleasure of seeing the animal hurt, whereas some humans do! All nature – plants, scenery, animals, the weather… It all makes me very happy!
- Art! All forms – dance, music, paintings, makeup, film… I think creativity and personal expression is such an important part of life. No two pieces of art are exactly the same, or come from exactly the same perspective. I just love the uniqueness of it 😀
- Lush. Okay, so this one may seem a bit shallow, but it really does mean a lot to me. I love using Lush products, and they really have improved the health of my body (skin, hair, teeth etc.) I think they’re products are such lovely things to indulge in, and help you to remember that your health comes first! They’re products are just all so lovely, and the entire Lush experience just makes me feel so happy!
Five songs that make me happy:
Now, I found coming up with songs that make me feel happy to be pretty difficult – there are an awful lot of good songs in the world. My solution to this problem was to provide songs that invoke happy thoughts and feelings, in relation to each of the things that make me happy from the list above
1. Buffy and Spike – Let Me Rest In Peace.
So, this is a track from the musical episode in the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Me and my partner absolutely love the series, and it was even the first series we watched together, almost 4 years ago. We particularly enjoy this song, and have sung it many a time together.
2. Politicide – Last Mourning.
Okay, so basically, me and my siblings were brought up with parents who were in a Punk band! They’d often go to gigs, and would regularly bring us guys with them (even when we were REALLY little!) I’ve been brought up with their music – them recording their music in the home, listening to their music in the car… There aren’t many of their songs on YouTube, but this is one of the songs that we all listened to a lot! Mostly due to us kids – we absolutely loved it but I don’t think it was a particular favourite of my parents! My mother was the bassist, my father the singer and electric guitar player, and my father’s friend was the drummer of the band 🙂
3. Bach Cello Suite No. 1.
Okay, so there is something just so beautiful and pure about this piece – which is exactly what I love about nature. It’s so calm and is lovely to just listen to 🙂
4. Los Aldeanos – Los Aldeanos ft Bebe
This one might seem like an odd choice, but I really, really enjoy the creativity put into this song! It was a hard decision because gosh – my favourite artists are all super creative. Bjork, FKA Twigs, Marina and the Diamonds, Sia, Kimbra, Tricky, Lovage, Massive Attack, The Specials… I chose this song though, because… I couldn’t even say. I don’t know. I just think this song has been beautifully put together. I can’t even speak Spanish, so for me it’s more about the sounds the individual’s voices combines with the music that I really appreciate. It just sounds so beautiful, and I love the contrast of singing styles within the song.
5. Nature Sounds
Okay, so this isn’t really a song… Basically, if you type “Nature Sounds” into Youtube, or “Rainforest Sounds,” or anything along those lines, many long recordings of nature sounds will come up. I LOVE LISTENING TO THIS STUFF! It’s so calming, so beautiful, so relaxing, so perfect. I mean, I’d much prefer to just be outside and be in the actual location that the recording was taken, but hey, that’s not always possible. When it isn’t, these tracks will really transport you places! I’ve related these to Lush because of course, Lush is all about nature 🙂
I’ve tagged people before and they didn’t end up writing responses – which is all cool I mean, nobody should feel forced to write anything that they don’t feel like writing! But, since this is the case, I’m not going to be tagging anyone this time. It is time consuming to do, and well, seems pointless! If you want to do this tag, then consider yourself tagged by myself 🙂
If you DO do this tag, please comment below with the post. I’d love to read it!