Hello! Today’s review is on Lush’s “Popcorn Lip Scrub”.
Popcorn Lip Scrub:
- If you walk into a Lush store are considering purchasing this lip scrub, here’s a little piece of advice before you do – if you open the lid of the lip scrub and think that it smells delicious, do NOT buy it!!! This lip scrub is so absolutely delicious smelling and has such an addictive list of ingredients (sugar, salt, oils…) that I literally ate a lot of this product… You’ll probably use more than you need every time you use the product, simply because it tastes so good, and eventually probably start opening the jar purely to taste some. This obviously causes a lot of product to be wasted!
- This is really quite expensive for what it is. It is quite literally sugar, oil, salt, popping candy and flavouring. This is something you could make extremely cheaply at home, yet in lush a 25g pot of it costs £5.50 in the UK. It would definitely be a waste of money to buy this product regularly!
- This product contains comedogenic ingredients, or pore clogging ingredients. This means that the product could clog pores around your mouth area, or contribute to the clogging of them. This can then lead to white heads and blackheads! The comedogenic ingredients in this product are “Extra Virgin Coconut Oil” and “Organic Jojoba Oil.” According to resources online, on a scale of 1-6, coconut oil has a comedogenic rating of 4 and jojoba oil has a comedogenic rating of 2, leaving this product with an overall comedogenic rating of 6 – which is not very good!
- When picking up the scrub with your fingers and rubbing it onto your lips, a lot of product will fall and be lost into the sink. Again, this means a lot of product is wasted!
- The ingredients in this product aren’t exactly healthy, so if you do eat some then it isn’t very good. The main ingredient is sugar, the second is oil and the third is salt.
- This product did not get rid of all the dead skin on my lips.Pros:
- This product does taste good, and although I listed that as a con, it tasting good is also a good thing! Its taste makes me happy 🙂
- It smells divine. Think cookie dough or salted caramel. Like, it smells really, really good.
- This product does work very well! It leaves you lips super smooth, and although it does not get rid of all the rough skin, it does get rid of most of it, and overall leaves the lips far smoother than they were beforehand.
- This product leaves the lips plump.
- This product draws blood to the lips through stimulation, and leave the lips a darker, brighter, more beautiful colour 🙂
- Although the ingredients of this product are fairly basic, and means that this product could be made far cheaper at home, having something already made for you is nice and easy.
- This product is made by Lush, which is a brilliant shop!
- This product is 100% vegan.
I personally think that this product smells and tastes divine. It does contain comedogenic ingredients however, which is quite off-putting. It also possibly smells and tastes a little TOO good. The lip scrub works fantastically, and although it is over priced, my laziness means that the majority of the time I’d prefer to simply buy this pre-made product over making it myself. If you would like to try one of Lush’s lip scrubs, I would recommend trying either the Mint Julips lip scrub or the Bubblegum lip scrub, both of which only contain Jojoba oil and therefore only have a comedogenic rating of 2.Overall, I would rate this product a 2/5 stars, simply because it tastes and smells a bit too foody meaning that I end up eating a lot of the product, effectively meaning that by buying this product, I am buying a £5.50 25g pot of sugar. The effects of this product are pretty amazing though, and I’m not too sure if I’m going to enjoy being without a lip scrub, so I will almost certainly give one of the other 2 a go.– Storm 🙂 ❤